Thursday, October 12, 2006

A Day in the Life


I still have not been kayaking since C.R.A.K., almost one whole month. I could go right now, but the wind is beginning to pick up as a cold front moves in. The cold isn't a problem, because I am lucky enough to have a dry suit, but the wind is hell. There aren't many activities I participate in while the wind blows like this. The only exception is sailing, and I no longer have a sail boat. Even if I did, there isn't anywhere in this area I could sail. Go to the link marked, "Buy me a boat" if you care to remedy this.

I could also work a few hours at my part time job, but I haven't had much time off since I started that job. Therefore, I feel it is in my best interest to sit here and do as little as possible. My wife has two baskets of laundry in our bedroom that I could fold. If that isn't done before she gets home, she will understandably be a little upset. I did take the dog for a walk. And, it's not like I haven't been doing anything at all today. I had training from 8am until 4 this afternoon at my regular job. Attending training and walking the dog is getting something done. All in all, this has been a productive day!

Some co-workers are going out to eat in a little while. Even though I wasn't invited, I could drop in on them. If I hung around long enough, I could probably even convince them to pay for my dinner. But, that would be a little rude, and although I don't wear them on my sleeve, I do have morals. I also have to work with these people. Could I face them if I pulled something like that? Probably. This plan is already foiled, though, because at least one of them reads my blog on a regular basis.

My kayak could use a bath, but then again, so could I. Today is also the day my cat gets his fluids. The subcutaneous fluids leave a large lump on his side. Since he is a Heffepoot, the lump has been coined a Heffelump. I usually do the fluids with my assistant, my wife, but this is something else I could be doing right now, even though she is still in class.

It has been brought to my attention that some of my posts have typos in them. I could be correcting those, but then the blog would be perfect(yeah, right), and that would take away from its character. Kinda like an old car with a story for every scratch and dent. In actuality, I just don't feel like reading all of them to find the mistakes.

Several people have told me that I never finish anything I start. I don't consider myself a procrastinator, even though my wife does. But, she is one of the few people that sees the real reasons why I never finished flying lessons, or never took the test to become a certified firefighter after completing all the required training, and the reason I had to take EMT class twice before taking the state exam(which I scored the second highest score of the night when I finally took it). I don't think procrastination or never completing anything I begin has anything to do with why I am not doing anything at the present moment.

Proper motivation, rather than laziness, is to blame. My wife is not here cracking the needed whip to get me in motion to clean up the kayak, fold the laundry, give the cat his fluids, or work on the blog. The facility nurse took us on a tour of her office area today during our training. Her office is tucked away where nobody can see what is going on in there, nor would they ever think about it because it is so far out of the way. I actually thought about how easy it would be to surf the Internet, talk on the phone, or doodle while in that small, tidy, and neatly organized office. What is becoming of me and my work ethic that I even think of this kind of stuff? Special note to anybody at work who may be reading: The thoughts and observations included in this blog do not directly reflect the thoughts and observations of the real person behind the blog.

My brother in law just walked in, which made me think about the sink full of dishes upstairs. I hear water running now. That makes me feel bad. Motivation initiated.



Fair winds and following seas from a very bored kayaker...

No comments: