Monday, October 09, 2006

Capitalism At Its Finest: We All Knew I Would Sell Out!

Welcome back to RiverYak, where I'll always know I'll be free, but the merchandise isn't(unless you're really cool, then you might get a sticker). Notice the new sidebar, complete with a link to the grand opening of the RiverYak Store. Click on the button for RiverYak T-shirts, stickers, and much more!

Why do retailers always use the term "much more?" The only thing I didn't list is an overpriced coffee mug and a refrigerator magnet. But it sounds good to stop short and finish the line with "Much More!"

You may have also noticed the huge banner under the RiverYak store button. Backcountry.com is a company that I have personally purchased gear through and didn't mind posting their banner when they made an offer. I chose the kayaking banner, because, well...this is a kayaking blog. But, they have gear and clothes for every outdoor enthusiast, from snow sports to water sports. While you are checking out their great site, buy me a tent.

Reilly Web and Graphic Design is owned by the great and powerful Meg, who designed the new RiverYak logo that you will see throughout the blog for now on. The logo is also plastered all over the merchandise in the RiverYak store. I couldn't resist seeing it on a t-shirt. If you need anything designed or hosted, Meg can hook you up.

Good news seems to come in spurts around the RiverYak compound. My wife found my camera the other day. With that good news comes some bad news, though. She told me she had a surprise at home when I met her after work a few days ago. "Oh boy!" I replied, and probably jumped in the air. When we arrived at the house, she stood in our bedroom with both hands behind her back and said, "Guess which hand."

"That one," I said pointing. Then I stood and watched her switch the object to the other hand and display an empty palm to me. Eventually she pulled the camera from behind her back while saying, "Good news! You don't have to buy a new camera anymore, because I found yours!"

Good news? I was certain that camera was gone and I was getting this for my birthday. Oh well. I am glad she found it though, at least I will be able to take pictures again, until I get a new camera. I am making enough money with my part time job to buy that camera in a couple of months. Shhhh...she mustn't find out!

I haven't had the boat in the water since C.R.A.K. The weather has turned really crappy and I've been working quite a bit. I'll try to keep posting on here, even if it's not about kayaking. The next trip is looking rather promising, but I would like to line up at least one sponsor before talking too much about it. In the meantime, buy some RiverYak stuff and visit the companies in the side bar. Stay tuned...



Fair winds and following seas...

No comments: